Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's On Your Mind?

+20
kissmenow9
mmmmchocolate
martinsgirl
Sally Magpie
backhoe71
HanSpan
kelpyg
Sam
Wesker
starrystarry
Jasmina
Geordie Nails
SueD
shoppingaddict
annita008
LoolaBeanbag
Babafette
ninjablossom
Laura
24 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

What's On Your Mind? - Page 22 Empty Re: What's On Your Mind?

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:18 am

Oh wow!! Pixie is sooooo cute!!!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:51 am

Awwww! I want a Pixie!
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:56 am

She's soooo cute, she'll only let me stroke her at the moment but I'm hoping I can pick her up soon Very Happy
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 am

She's a cutie Smile
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:30 am

very cute Laura! Smile
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:02 am

Wesker wrote:The thing is the abcess isnt even bothering me, no toothache or nothing, so i dont even need to take the tablets,
but thought it would be best to incase it got any worse.
Sorry to hear about your abcess Wesker, my poor OH has had several over the years and his have been very painful. You need to take the antibiotics whether you're in pain or not though - they will hopefully clear up the underlying infection and enable the dentist to carry out any necessary treatment.

I love your new hamster Laura, she looks so adorable! I love you
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:23 am

I've got a fucking toothache as well. Mad
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Monday morning and already have no motivation. I try and clear up some confusion, so ask a question on a chain of 5 people on email. 1 person decided to forward and ask someone else who comes back to the original 5 and copies in my boss. When in the mean time, I have said I will collate a spreadsheet we can all reference. But they didn't see that and have decided to avoid the question and pass the buck to my boss. 

I hate my job. No one has a clue what they are doing and everyone just emails and bluffs along. So I ask why and how so I can actually understand my job and it just upsets people as I guess my questioning threatens to show them up. 

But I don't want to start looking around till next feb. I have plans. 

Monday morning rant over.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Monday morning computer problems means fuck all done. Thankfully I haven't got a lot! At least I've done some bank account maths and the overdraft situation isn't quite as bad as feared. Will have to be naughty and pay min payments in the CC cards for a couple of months to give my current account chance to breath again.

Then I need to get some savings behind me. Getting quite rediculous now!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:32 am

Having a shit day. Looks like we might be losing our biggest client.
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 am

Meeting with boss at 11am.
Promises made.
And broken before the day is even over.
Sad

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:33 am

Really worried about the new job I've accepted. Bearing in mind I'm graduating 6 days before I start it with a BSc in Psychology... 

It's 6am to 9.45am setting up the meat and fish counters in the new supermarket that is opening up. I specifically asked NOT to be put on meat or fish as I don't like having to work with cold items (fish), have no interest in it and me and knives are a bad mix. I also specifically asked to work later shifts rather than earlier shifts. So the job is the complete opposite of what I wanted. But because I haven't got anything and haven't been successful anywhere else I can't turn it down Sad I was hoping for the office/HR where I could use my degree and progress up the chain a bit, what am I going to progress to on the bloody fish counter?!

I know that this job won't be forever, it's just the first one that's come along. But part of me is really worried because all my previous experience is in retail and I feel like I'll be stuck there forever.
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:02 am

kissmenow9 wrote:Really worried about the new job I've accepted. Bearing in mind I'm graduating 6 days before I start it with a BSc in Psychology... 

It's 6am to 9.45am setting up the meat and fish counters in the new supermarket that is opening up. I specifically asked NOT to be put on meat or fish as I don't like having to work with cold items (fish), have no interest in it and me and knives are a bad mix. I also specifically asked to work later shifts rather than earlier shifts. So the job is the complete opposite of what I wanted. But because I haven't got anything and haven't been successful anywhere else I can't turn it down Sad I was hoping for the office/HR where I could use my degree and progress up the chain a bit, what am I going to progress to on the bloody fish counter?!

I know that this job won't be forever, it's just the first one that's come along. But part of me is really worried because all my previous experience is in retail and I feel like I'll be stuck there forever.

Surely it's better to have 'wants to work, will therefore get up at silly O clock to juggle slippery fish' than 'would rather decline employment out of career scope than take on a perfectly good paying job' on your CV.
Screams 'great work ethic, will be valuable graduate employee' to a future targeted employer to me!
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 pm

LoolaBeanbag wrote:
kissmenow9 wrote:Really worried about the new job I've accepted. Bearing in mind I'm graduating 6 days before I start it with a BSc in Psychology... 

Surely it's better to have 'wants to work, will therefore get up at silly O clock to juggle slippery fish' than 'would rather decline employment out of career scope than take on a perfectly good paying job' on your CV.  
Screams 'great work ethic, will be valuable graduate employee' to a future targeted employer to me!

Oh definitely! Which is why I took it - besides, I really DON'T want to have to go down the job centre because almost all the jobs in my town are in construction work, shop assistants in tiny little newsagents or nursery nurses! My parents are quite disappointed though which isn't helping. I didn't think when I graduated I'd be earning 6k a year, I was hoping for at least triple that (which is a normal graduate job salary) but there's just nothing in my town for graduates and I don't want to commute to London if I can help it.

I dunno. I think I need to spend a few days really perfecting my CV and searching hard for a graduate job that would be suitable for me - but I don't really know what that is. Major 'what the hell am I doing with my life' crisis going on, lol.
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm 36 and had a breakdown this morning, realising that I really need to look for a new job but am trapped in the industry I am in and no idea what I actually want to do or where I could apply (knowing that all the big companies are as bad as the one I'm at, so its just jumping from the frying pan into the fire)

I have a BSC in psychology, and it was hard to do anything with it 15 years ago so I went into the travel industry totally unrelated Sad Best bet is do this job for a bit and get noticed and smooze the right people - then you have more chance of moving up internally. And all the while you can keep your eye out on graduate jobs else where. Do Waitrose have a graduate scheme?
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:52 pm

kissmenow9 wrote:
LoolaBeanbag wrote:

Oh definitely! Which is why I took it - besides, I really DON'T want to have to go down the job centre because almost all the jobs in my town are in construction work, shop assistants in tiny little newsagents or nursery nurses! My parents are quite disappointed though which isn't helping. I didn't think when I graduated I'd be earning 6k a year, I was hoping for at least triple that (which is a normal graduate job salary) but there's just nothing in my town for graduates and I don't want to commute to London if I can help it.

I dunno. I think I need to spend a few days really perfecting my CV and searching hard for a graduate job that would be suitable for me - but I don't really know what that is. Major 'what the hell am I doing with my life' crisis going on, lol.

Waitrose/John Lewis are a pretty good company to work for regarding working your way up. I worked for JL for 11yrs and DH has worked there nearly 20 yrs. A lot has changed in that time but many graduates go in at management level via training schemes.Once you've got your foot in the door hopefully more oppurtunities will be open yo you Smile
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 am

I think i just found a grey hair - I can't tell if it was grey or just one of those really blond ones you get at the temples)

Worried now, especially after saying I hoped I had my grans genes Sad
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:40 am

ninjajane wrote:I think i just found a grey hair - I can't tell if it was grey or just one of those really blond ones you get at the temples)

Worried now, especially after saying I hoped I had my grans genes Sad
Well you are 99 so I guess it's to be expected.......!! Wink Laughing
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:25 am

ninjajane wrote:I'm 36 and had a breakdown this morning, realising that I really need to look for a new job but am trapped in the industry I am in and no idea what I actually want to do or where I could apply (knowing that all the big companies are as bad as the one I'm at, so its just jumping from the frying pan into the fire)

I have a BSC in psychology, and it was hard to do anything with it 15 years ago so I went into the travel industry totally unrelated Sad Best bet is do this job for a bit and get noticed and smooze the right people - then you have more chance of moving up internally. And all the while you can keep your eye out on graduate jobs else where. Do Waitrose have a graduate scheme?

They do but they want 2:1s, just found out today I got a low/mid 2:2. Sad
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:38 am

nothing wrong with a 2.2 Kissme!

Its all different now, but alot of my mates and I just got jobs not graduate jobs but just jobs. And just worked our way up anyway. From being a travel agent, I moved into IT with in 18 months. My mate worked as a cashier for a bank, did that for 2 years and then went through business banking, private banking etc One mate got a job as a receptionist for a clothes chain and moved into being a buyer. Actually 3 of the HR ladies at my old company were ex travel agents they trained up. Sure thats common in various industries.

So don't despair, graduate jobs are not the be all end all! - if you find an industry you want to work in, have a look at just get your foot in the door, it really doesn't take long to move and get where you want to be when you try.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:28 am

Chugged a chocolate milkshake and now I don't feel so good Sad
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:48 am

Feel like my world is being turned upside down. Crying or Very sad
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:51 am

Babafette wrote:Feel like my world is being turned upside down. Crying or Very sad

whats up? Sad
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am

Babafette wrote:Feel like my world is being turned upside down. Crying or Very sad

What's wrong?
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:28 am

What's the matter Babs? x
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next