Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swear Room

+20
ninjablossom
annita008
LoolaBeanbag
stationaryace
Sam
Jasmina
kissmenow9
starrystarry
Wesker
Jane
Laura
Babafette
I wanna live for free
HanSpan
backhoe71
Becca
Sarah
Sally Magpie
shoppingaddict
nailaddict
24 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Swear Room  - Page 4 Empty Re: Swear Room

Post  Babafette Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 am

starrystarry wrote:I got the job!! Holy crap! I actually squealed down the phone when she rang me (always professional).
Congratulations starrystarry, that's fantastic news. Well done!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:05 am

starrystarry wrote:I got the job!! Holy crap! I actually squealed down the phone when she rang me (always professional).
Yay
bounce

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  starrystarry Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:19 am

Thanks ladies. I'm v excited now, can't wait to start. Even though it'll mean being away from home for 3 months.
starrystarry
starrystarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 am

Fuckety fuck fuck FUUUUUUCCKKK

I think (95% sure) I've managed to break my big toe. Had a wonderful all screaming, "I HATE YOU!!" row with teenage daughter this morning who slammed her bedroom door as I was marching at pace towards it, thus foot (wearing thin slippers) kicked door at rapid rate and is now enormous.

Child is sulking in her room, sans laptop, ps3, kindle, TV and mobile phone and I'm sat here with a bag of peas on my foot in agony.

Needless to say child wont be seeing laptop or any other of her little luxuries this side of xmas (believe me the row was THAT bad, I'm an evil bitch apparently, this comment alone was enough to lose everything she values for now). The way I feel at present I'd happily take all her gifts to the charity shop.

Grrrrr
Jane
Jane
Admin

http://pulliptears.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:31 am

Christ what did she do? Is it worth the trip to a&e?
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:44 am

shoppingaddict wrote:Christ what did she do? Is it worth the trip to a&e?

Long story, but in a nutshell I stupidly asked her to sort out her room as I was seriously unhappy that she had 3 weeks worth of washing in there and rotting food. I'd gone in to strip her bed but couldn't get near it. She was in her brothers room and had slept in there because he's been at his GF's (bigger room so she prefers that). As I couldn't get to her bed I went to strip her brothers instead and couldn't get near that because all her crap was on his floor as well!
She had a moan, so I'd told her that until rooms were sorted laptop was off limits. She refused to hand over laptop which then escalated into her trying to slap me and punching out to stop me from taking it. I took laptop, door slammed and she refused to come out again basically.

Seriously seriously pissed off with her atm. I know she's had a bit of leeway with her injury but she's just getting lazier and lazier. This weekend's washing consisted of 1 pair of her knickers, the rest were shoved down her bed and on her floor. It's really not on, at 15 she knows better but the screaming fit she had was way OTT even for her.
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:49 am

Spoke to paramedic family member about my foot, he tells me there is little to be done for broken toes in a&e so keep it elevated and intermittent ice (doing that now). Looks like I'm having a hobbling Xmas grr

She's so for it when her Father gets home.
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:54 am

Oh dear. Yup at 15 she should know better. But take it from someone who used to be like that, she'll grow out it. Give it another couple of years. Let her live in her filth. She' ll become ashamed of it eventually.

As for the foot I hope it gets better!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:22 am

Crikey Shocked

Is there a reason she got so violent when you tried to take the laptop? Shocked I'd be tempted to have a nosey on it and make sure shes not up to anything she shouldnt be Laughing

Hope your toe is better soon Sad A&E might strap it up depending on the break
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:24 am

Oh god, sorry to hear about your toe and teenage daughter troubles. Even though there might not be much they can do, surely it would be better to go to A&E so at least you know for sure what's happened to your toe?
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:25 am

shoppingaddict wrote:Oh dear. Yup at 15 she should know better. But take it from someone who used to be like that, she'll grow out it. Give it another couple of years. Let her live in her filth. She' ll become ashamed of it eventually.

As for the foot I hope it gets better!

I've been taking that approach for the last 2 years and generally I can live with it, I just close the door and don't look. But the filth is now spreading to her brothers room and I can't even get in either to change the beds. Thats the point when it needs sorting.

She should have been in school from 2pm - 3pm but refused to come out of her room and I couldn't get in because she'd barricaded the doors. Ridiculous really but I felt so helpless because there was absolutely nothing I could do to get her out. I'll be damned if I'm lying for her though, when the school want her absence explained tomorrow they will most certainly get the truth.
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:29 am

xoxo wrote:Crikey Shocked

Is there a reason she got so violent when you tried to take the laptop? Shocked I'd be tempted to have a nosey on it and make sure shes not up to anything she shouldnt be Laughing

Hope your toe is better soon Sad A&E might strap it up depending on the break

She just lashed out in temper I think to try and stop me taking it. Don't think she is up to anything as she's always been pretty open and given me access to her Facebook, email etc. She did it once aged about 8, hit, bit and kicked me in a tantrum. Only happened the once as she lost everything she coveted for a month.
She doesn't have these tantrums often, but god when she has one she goes all out.

As for the toe, its bloody sore, I can't walk on it properly. Will see what its like in the morning and decide then whether to head for A&E. I'm so bloody annoyed right now I really am. She's a lazy, rude little madam who's wanted for nothing and thinks she runs this house. She's in for one hell of a shock.
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:44 am

She sounds like my sister with the messiness and stuff.... so good luck Shocked Laughing

If you can't get to A&E do you have a walk in centre you can go to who'd strap it up? You don't want a wonky toe Razz Laughing
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  backhoe71 Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:50 am

Hope the toe gets better. It might be worth a trip to a & e. When I broke mine earlier in the year, they pulled it back into place and strapped it.

As for your daughter, could you put a padlock on the outside of your sons room (extreme I know) so she cant get in and has to live in the mess she created. Also if her friends come round i would make them go and sit in her room to chat and see if that shames her into doing something about it.

On a different note (and excuse the language) my OH is a fucking useless git!!!! Car has been making a noise for a while. Don't worry says he, its just a fan knocking. Over the weekend the temperature guage kept going mental saying it was overheating. Put some water in the rad says I, don't worry says he its just a dodgy sensor. Well please just check it for me says I, but I've checked it on internet and its a dodgy sensor says he and the bonnets cold so its not overheating. Just bloody check it says I, yeah alright in a minute says he. Did he ....... NO.

Noise gets beyond a joke today and so I take car to garage to book it in for them to look over. Bloke says sound like maybe head gasket at a lovely cost of approx £800!!!!!!!!! Once I picked myself up of the floor go to my mum and dads. Dad says lets just check your oil and water and guess what ....... The f'ing radiator is empty. Practically no water in there. We fill it up, drive it round for a while and surprise surprise no noise and its not overheating. I could bloody kill him. He's put me and the kids at risk of getting stuck somewhere in the car, plus I'm gonna look like a right tit tomorrow when I take the car in. However I want them to check it over just to make sure HE hasnt caused any damage.

I'm so bloody mad. He's a lazy useless git that needs a bloody rocket up his arse. He's in for such a pasting when he gets in.

backhoe71

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:09 am

Lol Backhoe, sorry that made me laugh. Bottle of water a bit better than £800. Very Happy

As for demon child, she wont be setting foot in DS's room and I suspect when he gets home he'll tell her as much. There were already grumblings there from the state she'd left things in when he came back to it but I expect when I tell him of todays events he will go mad. He's almost 20, very responsible and quite protective over DD, however, when she messes up he certainly lets her know about it. In fact she seems to listen to him more than the rest of us.
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 am

Backhoe careful that its not anything worse than an empty radiator. My friends car kept doing that, it'd run ok for a day or so then the radiator would be empty and it'd be overheating again. Changed the radiator thinking it was leaking but the same thing kept happening. She eventually took it to a garage and one of the wires in her engine had split and was getting so hot it was close to setting fire Shocked She needed a new fan and some wires and it cost her £250, but certainly better than £800 for a head gasket going Shocked
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:32 am

xoxo wrote:Backhoe careful that its not anything worse than an empty radiator. My friends car kept doing that, it'd run ok for a day or so then the radiator would be empty and it'd be overheating again. Changed the radiator thinking it was leaking but the same thing kept happening. She eventually took it to a garage and one of the wires in her engine had split and was getting so hot it was close to setting fire Shocked She needed a new fan and some wires and it cost her £250, but certainly better than £800 for a head gasket going Shocked

I blew the headgasket on my old Fiat Punto a few years ago, was really annoyed as it only had 36k on the clock but as it was so old it wasn't worth fixing.
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  backhoe71 Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:50 am

Thats why Im still taking it down there tomorrow. I want it properly checked over by a professional. Not a pratt that looks things up on the internet.

backhoe71

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:58 am

stories like these make me glad I don't drive Laughing
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 am

xoxo wrote:stories like these make me glad I don't drive Laughing

I think I probably hastened its demise in fairness, was racing a BMW off the lights when it went. Never mentioned that to OH though Wink Stupid really as the BMW could have wiped the floor with me a dozen times over had he wished.
Jane
Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 am

OH is a mechanic and I still never get my car fixed properly. Do get cheap MOT's though.......
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:13 am

The image of a fiat punto trying to race a BMW at the lights then conking out is quite funny Laughing

Shopping my friend who's married to a mechanic says exactly the same, she never gets her car done Laughing
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  backhoe71 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 am

I think I probably hastened its demise in fairness, was racing a BMW off the lights when it went. Never mentioned that to OH though Wink Stupid really as the BMW could have wiped the floor with me a dozen times over had he wished.[/quote]

Ha ha ha. I blew a tyre out on a curb once being an arse. Told other half there was a nail in the road!!! And he fell for it.

Well he's home. Kids didn't help matters when he walked in pointing at him and shouting 'ha ha dad you're in trouble, mum's gonna tell you off ha ha ha!!!'

He's gone straight out to get anti freeze (cos there won't be any of that left in there) and is crawling like there is no tomorrow. Keep crawling boy, keep crawling!!!!!

backhoe71

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 am

I think you should treat yourself/make him treat you to some pretty new polishes to make up for the stress caused Very Happy
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:45 am

xoxo wrote:I think you should treat yourself/make him treat you to some pretty new polishes to make up for the stress caused Very Happy

I like that idea!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum