Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What annoys you?

+29
polishedpurple
geekybat
Jane
TattyScone
senta_mental
Sarah
weskers toyboy
annita008
kelpyg
stationaryace
Geordie Nails
martinsgirl
Sam
Wesker
kissmenow9
mmmmchocolate
Muffy
HanSpan
Sally Magpie
SueD
backhoe71
LoolaBeanbag
Babafette
starrystarry
Jasmina
shoppingaddict
ninjablossom
Laura
33 posters

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

What annoys you? - Page 5 Empty Re: What annoys you?

Post  shoppingaddict Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:17 am

Laura wrote:I'm known for my changing room tantrums Very Happy

Me too! No one will ever coming shopping with me again!!!!

Tears and tantrums!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mmmmchocolate Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:28 am

We're not out of proportion - they just make clothes for freaks!! (apologies to anyone I've just called a freak by virtue of the fact that they don't have problems getting clothes to fit Very Happy)

Actually looking at my body, my main problem is my stomach. The rest of me is a reasonable shape and all in proportion (if a little bigger than I'd like it to be). But to get trousers to fit over my thighs, I can quite often be looking at something that's 4 sizes too big in the waist. So by clothes shop logic, I have a small waist and big thighs - but I really really don't. And I'm obviously not the only one Smile

I've found lately that mens jeans fit much better - and (judging by the last couple of pairs) they seem to be more hardwearing. Which, as someone who can't actually remember when she last left the house wearing anything else, is something of a revalation Smile
mmmmchocolate
mmmmchocolate

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:29 am

Clothes seem to be made for tall, skinny size 8s who wouldn't know a curve if it slapped them senseless..
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:30 am

Not that I'm bitter about being fat or anything.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:00 am

Last edited by Jasmina on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 am

mmmmchocolate wrote:We're not out of proportion - they just make clothes for freaks!! (apologies to anyone I've just called a freak by virtue of the fact that they don't have problems getting clothes to fit Very Happy)

Actually looking at my body, my main problem is my stomach. The rest of me is a reasonable shape and all in proportion (if a little bigger than I'd like it to be). But to get trousers to fit over my thighs, I can quite often be looking at something that's 4 sizes too big in the waist. So by clothes shop logic, I have a small waist and big thighs - but I really really don't. And I'm obviously not the only one Smile

I've found lately that mens jeans fit much better - and (judging by the last couple of pairs) they seem to be more hardwearing. Which, as someone who can't actually remember when she last left the house wearing anything else, is something of a revalation Smile

I'm the same - I have a (relatively) small stomach and tiny waist but massive wide hips and a big old bum Sad This causes problems not just with jeans (I've had the breakdowns in changing rooms before, especially when a size 16 wouldn't fit... I'm a size 12/14!) but also dresses and skirts as they both end up about two inches shorter at the back than at the front Sad Shorts aren't too bad but then I have the same problem as I do with trousers - if they accommodate my thighs and arse they're about two sizes too big on the waist. I don't think I've bought a pair of trousers that have ever fitted my waist and my legs...

It pisses me off that ALL the clothes shops at the moment only stock a variety of four things - neon aztec print which looks like a child has coloured it in with four crayolas, crop tops, high waisted PLEATHER skirts or thin ass t-shirts with some dumb slogan on them like 'Geek!!1!' or 'SLUTTTTT!' Evil or Very Mad
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

http://nails-and-nibbles.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:24 am

UGH can crop tops go the fuck away already?
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  backhoe71 Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:55 am

Dresses made for 8ft tall women. I tried 4 dresses on this week and all of them had about 4 inches of material laying on the floor. I'm 5ft 4 not 8ft!!!

backhoe71

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:57 am

Lol I have that problem too
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  mmmmchocolate Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:26 am

I'm fairly tall and used to have no end of trouble getting trousers long enough (I'm talking 15 years ago mind). That's something that has improved loads though - sometimes even regular is long enough now Very Happy
mmmmchocolate
mmmmchocolate

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:37 am

Laura wrote:
Muffy wrote:I have misophonia.

I genuinely think I do as well, certain sounds make me rage.

People clicking pens - in meetings I've been known to grab the hand of a total stranger to make them stop - I can't concentrate on anything that is being said just the bloody clicking.

I've got pretty certain confirmation I have aspergers traits and I think this is that - along with scratchy labels (have been known to take top off in a loo and rip things out with my teeth) and flourescent lighting anywhere in my field of view, particularly when stressed (sunglasses in the office doesn't half get odd looks!)

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:39 am

Inconbloodysistent sizing!

M&S used to be a safe bet but now I'm anything from a 12 to and 18!
Next long trousers used to be OK - now they trail on the floor, whilst the 'regular' are sometimes find and sometimes show my socks (which I can't bear)

Is bad enough that each shop is totally different from all the others but within the same shop its just unbearable. Even my beloved Landsend have lost the plot recently!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Wesker Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:04 am

I'm another one that has trouble with trousers/jeans but its mainly finding ones that are long enough Neutral
I'm 5'8" which isnt mega tall but i need 34" inside leg
A lot of shops do a so called long version but it is usually only 31", that isnt long ffs Evil or Very Mad
You can get away with shorter trousers in summer when wearing sandals with no socks,
but i agree with Hanspan, i hate my socks showing, it looks stupid Sad
Wesker
Wesker

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:41 am

I'm gonna say it - the British weather annoys me.
2 Saturdays in a row, sailings been cancelled. Its gonna be rainy and gusty which means a nice wintery weekend Sad
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:55 am

Back on the parent theme I'm afraid. Mothers on Facebook calling each other mummy.

A post stating its their childs first day at nursery and all the repsonses are 'hope mummy is okay' 'mummy be brave' 'mummy its okay, it's harder for you than baby'.

Does having a child revert you to speaking in childish language? To a child I understand it , adult to adult - just no.
You lot talk like adults so am guessing its not normal and FB is an exception.

ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mmmmchocolate Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:13 am

ninjajane wrote:Back on the parent theme I'm afraid. Mothers on Facebook calling each other mummy.

A post stating its their childs first day at nursery and all the repsonses are 'hope mummy is okay' 'mummy be brave' 'mummy its okay, it's harder for you than baby'.

Does having a child revert you to speaking in childish language? To a child I understand it , adult to adult - just no.

Makes me glad I don't use facebook Smile

I have another one too... Inconsiderate parking. "Oooh, look, a space - right by the shop door as well!! ......... Ah. No, some selfish oxygen thief has parked his penis substitute right across two spaces. %%$^%$$%!!!!!". People like that are lucky they still have wing mirrors when they get back to their cars...
mmmmchocolate
mmmmchocolate

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:07 am

ninjajane wrote:Back on the parent theme I'm afraid. Mothers on Facebook calling each other mummy.

In the same vein, with pregnant women - "how's baby doing?" or "baby will be here soon!" UGH it's THE baby. THE BABY
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:07 am

Having to choose between playing my piano and having lovely long nails.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:50 am

Germans who reserve sunbeds then don't come to them until 2pm then get pissed off because you've moved their towel.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:02 am

Laura wrote:

In the same vein, with pregnant women - "how's baby doing?" or "baby will be here soon!" UGH it's THE baby. THE BABY

Slightly related - it might just be because I have a few younger people (19/20) on my facebook, but the number of girls who get knocked up, fall out with the father during the pregnancy AND THEN spread shit about how useless he is on facebook is incredible on my news feed. 

Quite amusing to sit and read the thread responses, but then you sit and think... god, there's a child at the bottom of all of this. Mad
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:55 am

mmmmchocolate wrote:

Makes me glad I don't use facebook Smile

I have another one too... Inconsiderate parking. "Oooh, look, a space - right by the shop door as well!! ......... Ah. No, some selfish oxygen thief has parked his penis substitute right across two spaces. %%$^%$$%!!!!!". People like that are lucky they still have wing mirrors when they get back to their cars...

We have what's known as 'The Dover Double'. There may be a perfectly good space, but why use it when you can pull up beside it, plonk your car in the road and bang the hazards on? Saves all the trouble of all of that tricky parking malarkey.......
I'm certain that Dover has a higher tosser count than any other UK town. (I come from Plymouth but ended up here by accident. Unfortunately.).
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:01 am

People that say "you look tired". Why don't they just say "you look rough".
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm going for Germans again.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  kissmenow9 Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Waiting for stuff to be delivered, five days now that I've been waiting for my Seche Vite - it's a UK seller! How is it taking this long!
kissmenow9
kissmenow9

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:50 pm

kissmenow9 wrote:Waiting for stuff to be delivered, five days now that I've been waiting for my Seche Vite - it's a UK seller! How is it taking this long!

Don't even think of ordering any Dance Legends then kissmenow Laughing It's been weeks now!
Hope your Seche turns up soon x
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum