Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympia Beauty Fest- lets meet up!!!

+8
shoppingaddict
LoolaBeanbag
ninjablossom
annita008
JackieP
Geordie Nails
Laura
mayMeow
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Olympia Beauty Fest- lets meet up!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympia Beauty Fest- lets meet up!!!

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 am

Just back (yup, a bit late, went to an immersive theatre experience afterwards) and it was ace. I have so much to tell you all/blog but I have to go to bed now. Sleep  I've walked up so many steps today (tube & train stations and the theatre was over 4 floors) that my arse muscles are on fire Laughing 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Olympia Beauty Fest- lets meet up!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympia Beauty Fest- lets meet up!!!

Post  ninjablossom Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 pm

what did you get? what did get?

I spent a fortune at the boat show, I think I should have gone to the beauty show, would have been cheaper.
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:25 pm

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Just back (yup, a bit late, went to an immersive theatre experience afterwards) and it was ace.  I have so much to tell you all/blog but I have to go to bed now. Sleep  I've walked up so many steps today (tube & train stations and the theatre was over 4 floors) that my arse muscles are on fire Laughing 
Next year I'm going to go. Official!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Do it! I had my sister with me (not a polish freak) and next year I think I'd like to be with you lot!
I was fairly restrained - I was looking for stuff that's new or not readily available, so came back with some All that Jazz (sorry, Jazz hands make me think of Jazz mags Razz ) some Morgan Taylor and a (free) Inglot. Oh, and a Ruby WIng and a Gay Pride Color Club Very Happy Swatching now......it'll have to be a wheel though, my cuticles are shagged and I want to see all the polishes together.
Oh, and a nail envy maintenance (£3.50!) and an OPI mini for a quid from the OPI outlet, at which I tripped over the step up to the stand and landed face first in a bowlful of cheap OPIs. What a way to land though Laughing 
And a free copy of Scratch mag Very Happy 
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:57 pm

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Oh, and a nail envy maintenance (£3.50!) and an OPI mini for a quid from the OPI outlet, at which I tripped over the step up to the stand and landed face first in a bowlful of cheap OPIs.  What a way to land though Laughing
That's probably how I'd like to shuffle off this mortal coil, surrounded by OPI!! Laughing 
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Couldn't resist so I took the afternoon off and went on my own.  It was fab and probably good I was alone as I'd never have made it all the way round in 3 hours if I'd been chatting with anyone!
Spent a fortune - nails and eyebrows!
Pic of the nail haul (taken by OH)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  SueD Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:28 pm

That looks like fab haul Han! Love the look of the sparkly Nubar,3rd in !
SueD
SueD

Back to top Go down

Post  Babafette Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:37 pm

OMG Han, what a fantastic haul - I love every single polish you've bought!! Shocked What's the Essie please? Question
Babafette
Babafette

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjablossom Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:04 pm

that looks like a fab haul!! wish I had of gone now, should have run in sick yesterday!
ninjablossom
ninjablossom

http://ninjablossomnails.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Top shopping Han! Were you as gutted as I was that you didn't see Peter Andre or Amy Childs?!!!Laughing (To be fair, Andre's got a nice bum..)
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 am

LoolaBeanbag wrote:Top shopping Han! Were you as gutted as I was that you didn't see Peter Andre or Amy Childs?!!!Laughing (To be fair, Andre's got a nice bum..)
LOL. How did you know I missed them? Actually I'm not sure I'd know Amy Childs if she stood in front of me - is she someone Essex & tango tanned? There were plenty of those;)
Peter Andre's quite sweet I spose - seriously too young and trendy & obvious for me, but he seems nice enough.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:48 am

Babafette wrote:OMG Han, what a fantastic haul - I love every single polish you've bought!! Shocked What's the Essie please? Question
Err I'm not at home so I can't remember the name but someone else posted a link when it was released on here I think - to a photo with a drip. It is gorgeous but that and one of the OPIs seem remarkably similar now I've swatched.

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am

ninjablossom wrote:that looks like a fab haul!! wish I had of gone now, should have run in sick yesterday!
Next year definitely - serious NPAA meetup? Although I think we should all go with just a set amount of cash we are happy to spend, as I spent a fortune on my own - dread to think what I'd have done with company!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  HanSpan Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:03 am

So it took an age to get home last night and I'd already had a few glasses of vino, add a few more and some new polish and of course I couldn't resist adding several coats of sparklies and new topcoat to the week old mani.
That might have been OK but OH complained at the overly large gap between cuticle and polish so I decided some Love Peace & OPI round the edges of my nails and across the top but blended in a bit might be interesting and solve the problem. Added yet another coat of my new 'out the door' quick drying stuff & off to bed.
Already late up and feeling a bit ruff I decided the nails were too vile to leave the house and embarked on what I thought would be quick removal. After about half an hour with the nails of one hand dunked in my usual magic removal pots, then scrubbed with cotton pads in remover with acetone, panic set in - all my nails were still pretty much totally covered but in greyish chewing gum with extra sticky factor. Shit! HOW many hours late for work will I be? Its not like it was just ugly - it was so sticky & icky I actually couldn't function.

So only an hour late in the end but my nails are a wreck - I had to scrape/peel the grey gunk off so my usually unpeely nails are now peeling. Oh & I look like a labourer as there's still black under and around them.

Note to self - 6 or so coats of polish is NOT a good idea. Trying to remove 6 or so layers before work is just stupid - live with the mad mani that seemed a great idea after a skinfull - no matter how bad it looks in the morning it will look better than the mess left if you try to get rid of it!

HanSpan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2