Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Ladies interested in Glitzology Nail Polish

+10
Sarah
lumpyland
Jasmina
kissmenow9
polishedpurple
Muffy
Babafette
LoolaBeanbag
shoppingaddict
polishaddict
14 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

For the Ladies interested in Glitzology Nail Polish - Page 3 Empty Re: For the Ladies interested in Glitzology Nail Polish

Post  Muffy Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:46 am

polishedpurple wrote:
Muffy wrote:
polishedpurple wrote:Will be so worth the wait though Smile I really like mine, ordered on 22nd though, don't think the sale had been on long then Sad I always find usps tracker frustrating, it's guesswork as to when it leaves the country, but have found my last few parcels ended up at a usps near an airport and took that as a massive hint Laughing
Which shades did you buy?

I got priscilla, nebula and as you wish Smile all are as I'd hoped, if not better! How about you? Very Happy

I was torn between getting a couple of full sizes or several minis. I went for the minis:

Diamonds & Pearls
Disco Barbie
Priscilla
Guardian Angel
All or Nothing
Rhinestone Jumpsuit
Crunch Berries
Baby Dragon
Snow Day
Robots in Love
Starry Night
Island of Misfit Toys

My tracking now says:

Processed through USPS Sort Facility YOUNGSTOWN, OH 44501, US Feb 5, 2013 7:47 PM
Dispatched to Sort Facility FOWLER, OH 44418, US Feb 5, 2013 4:33 PM
Shipping Label Created US Jan 30, 2013 2:56 AM

Muffy

Back to top Go down

For the Ladies interested in Glitzology Nail Polish - Page 3 Empty Re: For the Ladies interested in Glitzology Nail Polish

Post  shoppingaddict Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:58 am

Mine too. I hope that means that I've left the us!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

http://prettypolishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:58 am

Ditto Muffy- just checked mine because I saw your update.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:13 am

There seems to have been no update for six days. Sad

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:02 am

That means its left the US. None of the packages I've had since update once they've left there. Means it should be here soon!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 am

Muffy wrote:There seems to have been no update for six days. Sad
Oh dear, mine arrived yesterday just haven't done any piccies yet.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:32 am

shoppingaddict wrote:That means its left the US. None of the packages I've had since update once they've left there. Means it should be here soon!
Hopes up...

Jasmina wrote:Oh dear, mine arrived yesterday just haven't done any piccies yet.
Then back down again. Sad

Hopefully it's just delayed.

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 am

Mine hasn't arrived yet either muffy. Left America on the 5th.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:29 am

OK, maybe it's not so bad then. But when I've tracked parcels in the past they said when they've landed in the UK and it's usually just a couple of days after leaving the US.

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:43 am

All the ones I've had shipped in have never tracked further than the us sadly!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  lumpyland Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:55 am

I'm still waiting to, come on pretties :-)

lumpyland

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:49 am

Tbh, unless these polishes as super stunning I doubt I'll order again. I placed the order on the 24th Jan. They were marked as shipped on 31st but no ACTUALLY shipped until 4th Feb. It's now the 12th but they aren't here yet. Now that's out of her hands and I know she is a one man band but that is a super long time.
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 am

I ordered from a different etsy seller on 7th January, and I'm still waiting..... affraid
I won't be heading back there in a hurry.
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:11 pm

LoolaBeanbag wrote:I ordered from a different etsy seller on 7th January, and I'm still waiting..... affraid

Bloody hell. You sure those are actually coming?!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  LoolaBeanbag Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:26 pm

shoppingaddict wrote:
LoolaBeanbag wrote:I ordered from a different etsy seller on 7th January, and I'm still waiting..... affraid

Bloody hell. You sure those are actually coming?!

It's just one bottle from a seller who, following communications since, I now would consider as slightly unhinged!! It did state on the listing that it would take a few weeks to dispatch though.
It was apparently dispatched at the end of Jan, about the same time as a Ninja order and that hasn't arrived yet either, so I'll give it another week or so.

Edit: Both Ninja and Etsy arrived today Very Happy

Last edited by LoolaBeanbag on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
LoolaBeanbag
LoolaBeanbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Anisis Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Mine arrived yesterday, definitely worth the wait, they're stunning!

I was worried they wouldn't make it through customs, but she marked them as "Merchandise" Cool
Anisis
Anisis

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 am

They've just arrived! cheers

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 am

Muffy wrote:They've just arrived! cheers

OMG! Piccie please!!!
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:54 am

They're gorgeous. I'll post pics tomorrow (when there's better light).

To be fair, I think the time taken is reasonable. I have purchased lots of indie make up (mostly eye shadow, never polish) from Etsy, Artfire and independent shops. All of them were from the US and the average time for them to arrive was about three weeks. The longest was two months and the shortest about 10 days.

Most of these shops are owned by just one person, most of whom have a full-time job or go to college so don't have a lot of time to fulfil orders. Add to that they're probably working from their kitchens/bedrooms so don't have a lot of storage space for ready-made products. Then when they have a sale their custom is at least tripled. So when they get the orders they have to make the products from scratch, bottle and label them, package them and send them out - for each order. affraid

I was extra cautious this time though because of the whole nail polish being banned thing, picturing my bottles being destroyed. Sad But as Anisis said, they were marked as 'merchandise' so they should all be safe. Very Happy

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:28 am

Mine hasn't arrived! *sob*
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmina Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 am

I got a 20% discount code for my next order but I am not sure it's enough temptation to order again, shipping costs have dramatically increased since January.

Jasmina

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:05 am

shoppingaddict wrote:Mine hasn't arrived! *sob*
I bet they'll come tomorrow. Very Happy

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffy Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Piccies!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All or Nothing, Baby Dragon, Crunch Berries, Diamonds and Pearls, Disco Barbie, Guardian Angel

Island of Misfit Toys, Priscilla, Rhinestone Jumpsuit, Robots in Love, Snow Day, Starry Night

And today's mani, Robots in Love over a Nails Inc red and 17 pink (both unnamed):

My nails are so short. Sad

Sorry about the crappy picture quality, they were taken on my phone and iPad - no idea where my camera is.

Muffy

Back to top Go down

Post  shoppingaddict Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 am

Muffy! They look stunning! I'm so jealous as mine still haven't arrived. Sad
shoppingaddict
shoppingaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  lumpyland Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:18 am

£12 custom fees and I'm away so will have to wait. Boo boo :-p

lumpyland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next